Sunday 23 June 2013

Royal Highland Show 2013 (Entry 4 - Mountain & Moorland)

Everything's under the cut, see below!

Mountain & Moorland In Hand


One of the classes was the Sanderson Trophy - no idea of the history behind it, but it contained only the Scottish breeds - Highland, Shetland, Eriskay and Clydesdale. (Clydesdales don't count as M&M btw, I just thought this class fitted into the post a little more. :P)

Sanderson Trophy

Sanderson Trophy

They were all lovely but there was something about the Clydesdale that seemed out of place...

Sanderson Trophy

The tail! (or lack thereof)

Sanderson Trophy

Docking has been illegal in the UK for a very long time so he could only be an imported specimen. Just as I was wondering where from, the voice over the tanoy informed me that he was brought over from Canada a few years ago. It obviously didn't make any difference as he won the class a few minutes later!

Mountain & Moorland In Hand


I'm not entirely sure what this next class was as I couldn't find it in the timetable but I may have missed it or misinterpreted what I heard the announcer saying. From what I gathered of it however, it was something to do with breeding as they had several horses by the same stallions and they were shown together; presumably to judge how consistent the sire was at marking his offspring well. There are also photos from another M&M class, possibly just a plain old 'in hand' one but mehh, ponies. XD

Dales or Fell, I think the former.

Mountain & Moorland In Hand

Mountain & Moorland In Hand

Shetlands! I haven't seen a non-black Shetland at the show in ages, it's obviously the 'in' colour at the moment.





Highlands!

Mountain & Moorland In Hand

(What a grey!)

Mountain & Moorland In Hand

Mountain & Moorland In Hand

Mountain & Moorland In Hand

Mountain & Moorland In Hand


Later in the day they had the Overall Mountain & Moorland class, with all the winners from the previous ones...


The Welsh Sec A winner...

Mountain & Moorland In Hand
Sunwillow Jubilee

Mountain & Moorland In Hand
Sunwillow Jubilee

Welsh Sec B...

Mountain & Moorland In Hand

Welsh Sec C...




Dales...

Kilmannan Robert The Bruce



Mountain & Moorland In Hand

etc etc...

Mountain & Moorland In Hand





Mountain & Moorland In Hand
Menai Ambitious

Alas, I missed seeing the winner as I thought I was going to miss the jumping so I had to rush off but I looked it up and it was the Dales: Kilmannan Robert The Bruce.

--------------------

These were just milling around in the collecting ring but I thought I might as well post them here anyway. :P

Collecting Ring/Warmup



Collecting Ring/Warmup



Another stunning dapple grey!

Collecting Ring/Warmup

Collecting Ring/Warmup



3 comments:

  1. Mmhmm... I want a grey Highland, most indeed. *g*
    The Dales ponies look very neat, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next OSC? :P
      I couldn't get over the feathering of the standing one in the main ring - like hairy waterfalls for feet!

      Delete
  2. Wow, they are gorgeous! (they, as in all of them, cause I can't choose a favorite!)

    ReplyDelete