Wednesday 4 February 2015

Back to Skyrim...


As you might remember, I've been working on and off on bringing some of my Skyrim characters to life in 1/6th scale form. So far I've created Skara the thief/archer and her squishy cob mare Inky, but not much other than that...

Skara


Until now, that is!




Presenting Breanaa the Breton!

 Breanaa

She's on a Barbie Fashionista body at the moment, though I'd like to rebody and hair her eventually as she's a bit too skinny and her hands are pretty useless, lol. All the clothes, weapons and accessories are homemade. (most of which you can't see because of the cloak, but she's got a dagger and a couple of leather pouches.)
 As with Skara's wardrobe, it's more 'inspired by' than an exact replica of Skyrim clothes and armour.

Breanaa

Her apron dress was made from an old skirt of my grandma's that was going to be binned (recycling ftw!) and the under-top is just felt, though it does a good impression of wool at this scale. Unfortunately Barbies still have those horrendous pointy 'high heel' feet so I did a bit of surgery with a heatgun and scalpel and now she can stand on her own for the first time ever. :P


Breanaa WIP


The hood was based off original viking patterns I found on pinterest, and is made from some synthetic material I got in a massive box full of fabric oddments from my cousin. It looks like wool on this side, though not the other! If I ever got into modding myself, I'd love to make one for the game.

She and Skara met up the other day in the snow and after a brief chat, Skara offered her a ride to the nearest village...

Through the snow

Through the snow

...up the hill...


...at some point though, they just couldn't resist taking advantage of the weather. XD

A Skyrim Snowman

A Skyrim Snowman

In actual Skyrim, however, this is what usually happens to her. XD


 Born into a comfortable and privileged life in High Rock; at the age of 24, after rejecting every marriage proposal put to her by a myriad of potential suitors approved and encouraged by her parents, Breanaa was shipped off to Skyrim, with the intention of marrying her into a suitable family in Solitude.
Unfortunately for them, Breanaa’s life goals did not involve matrimony and after convincing her minders that she merely wanted to visit the local tailor’s shop, she managed to escape on her little grey mare and immediately headed for Dragon Bridge in the hope of finding a sellsword she could hire to protect her on her travels.
Although she is not good in combat, or particularly proficient in magic, she has a hunger for knowledge keener than most mages and spends as much time as she can exploring old ruins and attempting to decipher ancient texts and artefacts.



Eventually I'd like to make her pony and dog too, but one step at a time I think. XD




10 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm loving how you bring your Skyrim characters to life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I need to get a decent male body so I can do my other main character, Brenn. He'll be fun to make I think, not least because he's got a pet fox. :P

      As much as I loathe overmusculed types, I'll need to get one to act as Breanaa's so far unnamed bodyguard as well. XD

      http://skaraofskyrim.tumblr.com/Characters

      Delete
  2. You've been recycling like a good 'un. Love it and love the clothing you've made. I have to say it's so nice to see figures dressed in clothing other than high fashion ballgowns and tuxedos =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why buy in stuff when you can just make it yourself? :P
      But yeah, I'm all for dolls in modern settings wearing modern clothes and stuff but pretty much all the doll people I follow do just that - they're always dressed up to the nines in haute coutre with makeup everywhere...when just popping down to the shops or going out for a coffee in a photostory. XD

      Delete
  3. Squeeeeeee! This makes me so happy! Skyrim and model horses... two of my very favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say, clearly we both have excellent taste! :P

      Delete
  4. Beautifully done! And good for you to 'surgically' alter those feet, that's some cosmetic surgery making sense, lol :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt rather bad doing it actually, I used the heatgun on them until the plastic was really malleable, then hacked away at the ankle and bent the foot up so it was at right angles to the rest of the leg. It worked, but I felt like I was doing some of the horrific chinese foot binding!

      Delete
  5. You make me REALLY want to make Gunnvarr into a doll complete with her nightingale armour. Or even her thief armour. OR something similar *shakes fist*

    ReplyDelete