Saturday 20 August 2016

Lake District Live newbies!

Yeah, yeah, I know this is ridiculously late! XD

I bought a few new faces for the Julip yard at this show. I went in hoping for a new Welshie as its my favourite pony mould, but the first one I grabbed at with glee was a Pit Pony.

I've since named him Domino (original, I know) and he's seriously cute.

Domino

Domino

I ordered up some fake grass samples the other day to experiment with and while they're only tiny sections and mostly too out of scale for Julips, they do come in handy for ponies!

Domino

Propped up against something they make rather good hedges too!

Domino

As per usual I made him a rug/headcollar set after I got home and he's been spoiled with this very squishy fleece number.
I wasn't sure about the colour choice at first as I usually like piebalds in red or navy blue but I think this dark teal suits him.

Domino

Domino

At the show, Heather had actually grabbed the only welshie on the spares table to pass to me as she got there first, but I thought she had claimed it for herself so I had a moment of angst until I realised she was waving her at me, lol.

This little mare is the reason this post has been delayed for so long! As I was going to pay for her, Laura warned me that as she had literally just been finished the night before, her paintwork was delicate and I should wait at least a week for everything to stabilise before I styled her hair or anything. That suited me fine as I knew I could work on the pit pony in the meantime and all was well. Well, at least it was until I flipped her mane over one day to see how it would look on the other side and realised there was a bit of paint missing on one ear! I must have caught it when I fiddled with her mane and could have kicked myself for not being more patient. Laura was very good about it all and offered to take her back immediately but I held off, as I wanted to see if it would stabilise and as it was only a little bit missing I could touch it up. It took a few weeks of cautious picking with a fingernail every now and again to test but eventually it stopped peeling and I was able to fill in the missing section with acrylic. You wouldn't know it had ever happened to look at her now, but I'll still be extra careful with her just in case!

She was nameless up until a couple of weeks ago when I posted this pic on facebook (yep, the Pokemon Go! bug has bitten me!) and a fellow Julip collector told me that I absolutely had to name a Julip Pidgey now and well, it stuck. XD

Pokemon Go!


Pidgey

Pidgey

She really is the most wonderful shade of chestnut and I adore the colour of her mane and tail. (even if it really doesn't want to lie flat despite the amount of products I've put through it!)

Pidgey

Pidgey

Pidgey and Domino

I now have three chestnut welshies and I'm not quite sure how that happened, lol. I'll need to take a photo of them all together to show just how different they are, despite being similarly coloured and on the same mould.

As well as the ponies I had a bit of a splurge at the animal table too...

I saw Richard putting this one on the stand and I don't think he was there for ten seconds before I'd claimed him! He's easily the nicest Julip dog I've ever seen and almost everyone else at the show agreed! I named him George after the pub we were staying at (The George Washington) and also because I felt he needed that kind of traditional humany name. He got a smart leather collar too as soon as we got home and I think it suits him perfectly.

George

George

Laura said they made him a twin as he turned out so well and I think he's being cast so more can be produced which is really nice as I think it will be a really popular addition to the line! I've always loved Fox Terriers and Airdaley types so I'm super pleased to get one in Julip form!

In truth I'm more of a cat person than a dog person and I really wanted some of the walking cats at the last show but I wasn't quick enough. I more than made up for it this time and ended up with two!

George, Alfie and Edie

Brother and sister pair Alfie and Edie were too cute to separate so I just had to get both. Hey, I don't make the rules!

Alfie's stripes were the first thing that drew me to him - I'm a sucker for a nice ginger mog!

Alfie

He's got such a mischievous expression too, like he's plotting all manner of shenanigans.

Alfie

Edie was slightly less stripy with a shorter tail and more rounded features...

Edie

...but had a really sweet expression. I think she's definitely the lap cat of the pair - more interested in settling down on the sofa for a nap than hunting mice and getting under everyone's feet ala Alfie.

Edie

Both enjoy exploring the long grass in the fields though.

Alfie and Edie

Alfie and Edie


Alfie's probably plotting to catch my other two newbies, yet more bunnies for the collection; Ash and Puddle!

Ash and Puddle

I spotted Puddle first but because Julips get lonely without company (again, I don't make the rules, this is just fact!) I was forced to find him a friend and thought the little grey one was quite unusual.

Puddle and Ash

I need more bunnies like a hole in the head but they're just so addictive I can't help bringing back more at every show! 
I'd quite like to order up some in wild rabbit colouring so I can use them in scenes and things though, so that's something to think about for the future.

Anyway, it won't be long until the official Julip Live in October which I'm *fingers crossed* going to so assuming I can actually save some pennies by then I might have even more to introduce!








1 comment:

  1. Lovely additions! Especially Pidgey is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete