Tuesday 6 February 2018

Max does NaMoPaiMo!

Untitled
A little late to the party as ever, but the first of February marked the anniversary and new start to the incredibly fun and rewarding 'National Model Painting Month', or 'NaMoPaiMo'.
With well over 600 entrants this year, it's instantly bigger and better than last time and some people are already posting their finished horses on the Facebook group - some the same day the month long challenge began!

I aim to paint a micro mini I've had lying around naked for far too long...

 Untitled

...but I wasn't the only one in the household who had some goals for this month - Max wanted to take part too!

Untitled

This post will contain the first part of her NaMoPaiMo experience...which includes stopmotions!
(click on the Instagram posts to view them)

If you're on Instagram you can follow #maxdoesnamopaimo to see her progress! 

I will of course be posting my own NMPM work, but let's face it, Max is way more photogenic!


The first and most important part of a painting challenge is signing up, then choosing what to paint...

NaMoPaiMo 2018

NaMoPaiMo 2018

NaMoPaiMo 2018

NaMoPaiMo 2018



This can be difficult when you receive some unexpected and unasked for 'help'...


NaMoPaiMo 2018

NaMoPaiMo 2018

 *disgruntled borking*

NaMoPaiMo 2018NaMoPaiMo 2018


After she'd picked out a few bodies, Max decided to spruce one or two up a bit. One required some rather drastic surgery while another just needed a new mane. Unfortunately, there was only one tool which would help - her trusty Dremel!


NaMoPaiMo 2018

NaMoPaiMo 2018

 'Does anyone actually read these things?'


Untitled

 NaMoPaiMo 2018

NaMoPaiMo 2018

Decapitation done, it was time to add the epoxy. Resculpting can be time consuming, and the resulting prep with sandpaper and primer, tedious, but it's all worth it in the end!


NaMoPaiMo 2018

NaMoPaiMo 2018

NaMoPaiMo 2018NaMoPaiMo 2018


A quick skoosh of primer later...

NaMoPaiMo 2018

NaMoPaiMo 2018

...they were ready for their first coat of paint!

NaMoPaiMo 2018

So, watch this space, the painted ponies will come!

6 comments:

  1. I thought I'd stumbled into some Godfather horror with horses heads been cut off 0~o I love that Max has her own mini tools and is getting in on the act :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your video Christine!!! You have made Max come alive and what a great idea to have her doing in mini what you love to do 1:1! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I LOVE the stopmotions! They really add so much life to Max, and her doggy too. May I inquire as to the dog's name? I've forgotten it from earlier Max/Juno episeodes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a lot of interest in NaMoPaiMo *hangs head in shame* BUT I really love your approach to it! So creative and fun. The stop motion videos you've been sharing on instagram are brilliant. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I haven't been by for a while and am loving this! Good luck with the painting, I signed up but lack of time means I'm just not going to get the chance. May make it to an actual live show or two this year tho!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am pretty speechless. I love your work. You are amazingly creative.

    ReplyDelete